Half-way between the Paris and Strasbourg, along the French east-west (A4) Motorway. Five minutes from exit 29.1 on the A4, Les Islettes is a village lying in the heart of the Argonne forest. Literally the name means "the islands" set in a large clearing in the forest. It is a French commune in the Meuse department of the Lorraine region.
By Car from Paris
- Motorway A4 (Eastern Motorway) Paris/Strasbourg : take the exit29.1 to Clermont-en-Argonne, at Clermont village square turn left onto D603 and after 2 miles turn right after railway level crossing.
- This is the Bois Bachin.
- See Road Map
- Meuse TGV is just 1 hour from Paris.
- From Paris Gare de l'Est (East station) catch a high speed train to Meuse TGV, 1 hour away.
- Let us know the arrival time and we can meet your train.
- SNCF Trains
- At CDG airport take the RER train to Paris Gare du Nord. Walk 5 minutes to Gare de l'Est station then take the train to Meuse TGV.
- At Paris Beauvais airport take a taxi to Beauvais station, train to Paris Gare du Nord, then train to Meuse TGV.
- Paris Vatry the airport just 1 hour away from our B & B, has regular flights from Héraklion in Crète, Marseille, Nice, Oporto, Palma de Majorque and Stockholm.