- Set amongst stunning scenery in the Argonne forest of Lorraine France, our 1 acre private lake, stocked with Tench, Perch and Pike, over 1 metre in length. A short walk from a Pizzeria, bakers, a corner shop, a hairdresser and the bus stop. Complete with excellent accommodation and a large swimming pool some good fishing awaits the visitor.
- Meanwhile any non-fishing partner can use the swimming pool, sports room and the other activities on offer, whilst enjoying all the comforts of a modern bed and bath room!
- Fishing our private lake is exclusive to one angler or party at any time of the day or night. No fishing permit is required and there is no close season. We have rods and some equipment, bait can be purchased at the local fishing shop, it's ideal for beginners, families and experienced fishermen alike.
- The wildlife is abundant with birds of prey soaring overhead, red squirrels, the lake herons and kingfishers are often seen, together with the birds of the Argonne.
- The lake is fed from an underwater spring and flows out via a monk into our stream and then into the river Biesme. The deepest part of the lake is 4 ft shallowing to 1-2 ft in the margins. The lake is typical old estate lake, very attractive, with tree lined banks.
- Fishing is one of Frances most popular recreational activities. Please always only use fish friendly equipment, barbless or micro barbed hooks to be used, unhooking mats compulsory.
- We have rods for hire, together with fishing accessories, seats, disgorgers etc. We can provide simple forms of bait together with the rods, the fishing counter in the local store can provide anything else e.g boilies, ...All fish to be returned to the lake.
- Fishing is free to all our guests.
Chez Teasha, 2 Le Bois Bachin
55120 Les Islettes